Monday, August 11, 2008

first time skiing!

I skied for the first time on our national day!
HAPPY 43rd BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!
I miss homeeeeeeeee!

The ski trip was a one day trip organized by the MSO committee.
The trip to and fro from the snowy mountains, the ski gears and the day pass cost AUD115, which is a fairly good deal.
But we had to rent our ski outwear ourselves before heading up the snowy mountain!


look at how huge the gloves are! haha!


lawrence ski wear! He's gonna wear alot more layers underneath.
The temperature up there is roughly about -4 degrees?

We had to wake up at 4am in the morning cuz the bus leaves at 5am.
The bus journey to the snowy mountain is about 3.5 hours and leaving at 5am allows us to have a longer time to ski.

We reached bullocks flat (bottom of the mountain where you rent all the gears) at about 9am.
The whole process of trying on and wearing that transformer shoes took us nearly 1.5hours?
The boots are so hard to put on and so difficult to walk, not forgetting that they are quite heavy too!
After we tried on the boots, we had to collect our skis and skis poles.
And the skis must have weighed like 10kg?
I had so much difficulty bringing them walking here and there on the transformer shoes.
I got so tired before I even started skiing. haha.

check out our transformer shoes!


han and david! all fully geared and ready to go.
we are on the skitube (which is a train) that ferry us from bullocks flat all the way up to the snowy mountain.
The mountain that we went to is called Perisher blue.



caught stoning on the skitube up. Its 20mins ride.
And woohoo, look at my chubby cheeks. wahaha. How fat. Amazing.

And yay! Finally we reached!
Perisher Blue, here we come!

I know this is gonna sound quite dumb, but it's my first time seeing snow!!!!!
SO EXCITED CAN??
Although its not as nice as I hope it'll be, but still!
It's SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!~


Lawrence is very excited to see the snow too!


first time see snow, must take more pictures. LOL.
And there were like ten people with the same jacket, cuz everyone went to the same shop to hire the ski jackets.
And there was only 1 design for each sizes.


with han. her goggles were damn cool lah. So professional looking.
I look like a penguin.


the guys. edwin, david and lawrence.


on the skis.


It is so cold that your hand will turn red in 30 secs when you take it out of the gloves.
But the 'photo-loving' us kept taking pictures despite that.
Pictures more important than hand.




how perisher blue looks like.


me with all the heavy gears off!

After like 3 hours of skiing, I'm gonna take a rest.

Sleep on the iceeee!

now look around to see if there's anybody laughing at me.

attempt to get up cuz I saw people laughing. haha.


lawrence felt tired and took a rest too.

After the short recharge, we are ready to go again!

trying to stop after coming down from the slope.


stopping succeeded, so now for a picture!



the last few pictures that we took before we left.
I like these last 2 pictures. =)

And oh, I can't ski. =(
I fell down so many times.
The falling down part wasn't painful at all, but the getting up part is such a pain in the ass.
There were a couple of times I fell voluntary cuz I did not master the snake turning yet so I was gonna crash into the person in front of me and I didn't know how to turn.
So the only way was to fall to prevent the crash.
And there was a few times people crashed into me from behind when I was skiing, and so I fell.
Of course there were those times when the the speed was a lil too fast and I panicked and fell.

My muscles ached all over now from pulling myself up.
And I think I look like a swimmer now. Cuz i used so much of the hand muscle.
It really ain't an easy task getting up when you fell down.
Imagine the 10kg of skis + 4 kg of shoes on your legs, and the slippery-ness of the slope cuz of the melting snow, the long skis that's in your way hindering your every movement.
And when you finally get up on your skis, the skis tend to slid down themselves cuz it's too slippery and you fall again.
But all in all, it was still a fun fun experience.
I didn't regret going, in fact I enjoyed it alot.
Though of course it would have been more wonderful if I was like a expert skier.

The Ursula ball is this friday!
I dunno what to do with my hair! Urgh.

2 comments:

Jared Wong said...

I
Found
YOUR
BLOG!

pigegeon loves you said...

haha! yes jared! link me link me! though I have no idea how to link you! LOL!