Sunday, February 11, 2007

- Canberra -

Flight to Canberra was pretty alright. I had to transit at the Melbourne airport and take the domestic flight to Canberra. The only thing that was the problem was the luggage. My super big red luggage bag that nearly killed everyone with its weight. I didn’t know they allowed up to 30kg even though the tickets stated 20kg. Cuz mine was 27kg and they let me through! Damn! I shouldn't have taken out so much stuff. Now I wouldn't know when they're gonna be shipped over. =(

Today is a Sunday. This means I’ve been to Canberra for a total of 4 days. There really isn't much to do in Canberra. They have this gigantic mall like the size of Vivo City and that's practically the central shopping area. One Vivo city look-alike=our Orchard Road. But well, I guess it’s pretty laid back here. Good for studies c
uz there is NOTHING to distract you. And oh! If you think weekend tickets in Singapore is expensive at 9.50, Canberra's weekend movie tickets are a helluva 12bucks or more. Which when you covert back to Singapore dollar is 14.50 and more. A freaking 5 bucks more man!

-Day 1-
I took a picture of the sky when I was on the domestic flight. The view was fantastic. Clouds look like marshmallows! Ooo.. Yummy!

Cool view of the sky on the plane. =)

Day one was pretty much just settling into the place ans unpacking stuff. haha! i feel that I didnt bring enough clothes though. A small peek at my room. haha! its really messy from the unpacking, well maybe its just my messy nature lah.


I know its like super duper messy and stuff. haha! pardon me.

Okie! i admit that my room isnt exactly neat but messiness has got its own coziness neh. haha! I know. Excuses. My room basically has got shelves,bed, a stick pad on the wall, a table with lamp(which threw on the floor as you can see), wardrobe and a personal sink and mirror. Which really is pretty sufficient for a hall room. Food at Ursula is pretty alright. Especially with the doestic students coming in, it gets better. But I hate the woman kitchen attendant! I tell you she hates me. Its as if I owed her money or something. She raise her voice at me for nothing. Its ridiculous I tell you.

-Day 2-
Went out to the city centre for exploration. Its a 20 mins walk from school. Everything is kinda expensive in Australia. For a bus, if you do not have a concession card, you pay $3.30 for a single bus ride. And $1.50 if you are a student. And I was complaining when the bus bill hits over $0.90 back home. haha! What difference. Did some walking and saw some really cool scences along the way. Did the enrollment for school today too.


Me!! yeah yeah! in the hall floor toilet.



Pictures around the campus. Lots of trees.

Just as people say, there really is loads of trees. Everywhere you go, its soil and tree. haha! But I think the scenary is not too bad.

Some pcitures of the Canberra Centre-THE SHOPPING CENTRE HERE.

There's this coolest thing i saw. A touch screen directory where it tells you how to get to the place you wanna find. Its amazing lah! haha! I have never seen this before. I think I'm a mountain tortise, but ITS STILL COOL TO ME!!


The I-directory. Coolness.

Some other funny and different stuff I passed by..

It looks as if there's spoons and forks on the floor!


Their bus ticket! So cute! haha! Its paper! lol!

- Day 3 -
Went on a bus tour! Super many places lah. The mountain, the fischwick market and the parliament house. Plus a semi-formal welcome dinner at night. Many many pictures. =)


MeMe! Wee! Bus-tour!



weimin. june's friend. My Friend now. haha!


-On the mountain-

you can see the parliament house from here.


With hannah.


With hanyi.

Some beautiful pictures that I took along the way.


-Fischwick Market-

Some shops i see in the market.

-Parliament house-

taken on the bus to parliament house..

Senates place.


Me at the roof of the parliament house.

-Welcome Dinner-
Its a semi formal dinner and I see tons of people in dresses. Lol! All my dresses are semi-formal! And alot of them looked so formal. imagine what I have o wear for formal.A ball gown? Gosh!


With chiayuen after the preparation.

And can you believe it? The dinner is gonna only be at our hall's common room. And everyone dressed up.


With minmin.


Singaporeans unite. =)

The food for dinner was alrite only. Buffet style. My table was the second last table so there really isn't much food left. But well, I guess its alrite.
Will blog more soon! Cuz all the pictures are not with me yet!
And tomorrow we need to dress in costumes for hell and heaven. haha! I'm just gonna dress normally. And hope I'll look hot enough. Wahaha!

No comments: