Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Weekend Well Spent


My mum was infuriated over some matters so I tried to divert her attention by asking her to cut my hair! I should have known better to not ask an angry person do such things lest the fearful results. My mum was happily cropping my fringe away into some china doll hair! haha! What's worse was that I have a gathering with my JC peeps at night.

Lesson learnt: Never ask your mama to cut your hair for you. Especially when she's angry.

She tried to make it better by saying that I look alright in the hair. But I know she's just trying to make me feel better about the decision to pacify her through hair cutting. haha. I think I look like a sotong-monkey now.


"hello! I'm the new Miss Sotong!"

Pardon the messy shelves behind. My laziness to clean my room has caused it to be penetrated by dust. But well, I need to clear it soon. 7 more days only.. =(

Anyhow, I'm off to meet my JC mates at this Japanese Restaurant Waraku. I didn't realise that it has so many branches in Singapore. And I had never tried it before this. I know.. I'm so mountain tortise. Mr Liew Yew Tze ( yep! he's Chinese name is called you-zi! which is childish!) reserved a Tatami room for us. So we can keep all the nonsense to ourselves.


Some of the set meals offered!

The room looked as if we had to kneel down to eat our meals like those Japanese Restaruant you see in the movies and shows, but it actually has this hole below the table to let you place your feet in! So its like you are sitting on a chair but you are in fact sitting on the floor. Lol!

The food there was pretty good! And they had this M and R thingy where M stands for Mini and R for Regular. But I tell you the difference in M and R is uber big! R is like twice of M. haha! So if you go get the Rrrrrr!




Pictures of the food we had.

I had this super hot steaming udon noodles in hotpot with this thick gravy and most of them took the katsu set with udon and the curry don.



Before food came. Shiyun. Mel. Hui Zhen. After food came. Everyone looked happier!

We played our class game-Bridge in the room lah. haha! I'm the Queen as usual! yeah yeah! Bridge skills! Woohoo!




Peekturesss. Shiwen, mel, huizhen, huijun. All of the guys except shiyun.

Thanx dears for coming to the farewell dinner. And yew tze for your supposedly "treat"! haha. Will see some of you guys for the last time on tue.

Sat was spent exploring Katong! Hoho! Katong laksa here we come!! Oh oh! and they had some really nice buildings in the east side.


I like the colourful shop houses!

Isn't this like one of the most colourful shop houses you see in Singapore? Its damn pretty lah. haha! Ohoh! See that queue for the Aston's Specialities? I tried the western food there because its said that it is cheap and goot. But well, the queue is like not moving and I'm so hungriee, I don't think I can really wait for 1 hour. So poof! we went to have the all famous Katong laksa.



The famous shop with the laksa.

Surprisingly there were very few people in the shop. I thought being like the most famous laksa in Singapore, they would have long queues waiting to taste their laksa. But it didn't. Well, guess the novelty died down already. The laksa was not bad. But because I'm not exactly a laksa lover so I can't differentiate a really goot one from a goot one. I guess the soup is more coconut than normal and its not as spicy too. Go eat it if you have not and taste it for yourself! haha!




My hot chocolate latte.


Loves!!

No comments: